Monday, December 7, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday: Shopping for New Clothes


Here is what I tackled this week!

I have been needing to get a few new outfits for a while now especially since since we changed our eating habits and I have lost 10lbs. The jeans that I was wearing that fit me comfortably are now fitting me quite loosely.

So this morning I headed out on a mission. With a $150 budget I headed to the VF Factory outlet mall to find me some new clothes.

I went alone which enabled me to take my time. I went in and walked the entire women's section, putting anything I thought was cute in my cart. Afterwards I did the unthinkable, something I hate to do, I headed for the dressing room. I tried on everything and weeded out the items I didn't like.

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried on jeans one size smaller than I currently own and they fit perfectly! Yay

I ended up with 2 pairs of jeans, a cranberry and green sweater, pink casual long sleeved shirt, black ruffled dressy top, black tank top and 2 bras. As for cost--- I came in under budget at only $115 including tax.

Now I am set until I drop another size or two!

6 comments:

The Pink Slip said...

oh wow! congratulations, keep up the good work...avoid white foods as they turn into sugar (bread, rice,potatoe, pasta...)

xoxo

Amber said...

Thanks so much! We have changed over the bread and rice, we are still eating some white potatoes and pasta but in moderation. And as soon as I run out of white pasta in the cabinet we will switch to whole wheat. :)

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

First, congrats on the weight loss! And second, great job getting new clothes and not spending a ton! That's always nice.

If you have a chance, stop by my Tackle-It Tuesday and say hi!

Pamela M. Kramer said...

And what did you change in your eating habits!? lol - Congrats on the new wardrobe.

Amber said...

Pamela, the words "since we changed our eating habits" is a clickable link to the post about changing our eating habits.

Thanks for stopping. :)

~Amber

christi said...

congrats!! bargain hunting is fun. i'm new to your blog and am off to poke around.