Sunday, December 6, 2009

Homemade Cinnamon Syrup


Two of our nieces stayed the weekend with us and with 4 growing girls in the house I felt like I did nothing but cook.

Saturday morning I got up and made pancakes and we just had to try out this Cinnamon Syrup I had seen on Grocery Cart Challenge.

The ingredients were simple, things that I always have on hand.

* 1 cup sugar
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 2/3 cup water
* 2 tablespoons butter

Mix sugar, salt, flour, and cinnamon.

Add water and bring to a boil.

Boil until thickened.

Stir in butter.

Serve over pancakes, waffles, or french toast.

It was very simple to make and it came out delicious!! Everyone loved it. It gave our pancakes a "cinnamon roll" flavor. Yummo





2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh wow that looks so good. I have been trying to find an alternative to maple syrup that is not loaded with corn syrup!

Brenda said...

What a great idea. And you can serve it hot so its yummier!