Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hearty Chicken and Rice Stew


Instead of just a chicken soup I ended up making a Hearty Chicken and Rice Stew last night and everyone loved it.

I didn't use a recipe, most or the time when making soups or stews I don't. Here is how I made it.

1lb Chicken Breast Tenderloin cubed
1 Onion
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Can Fire roasted Tomatoes
1 Can Sliced Carrots (drained)
2 Cans Chicken Broth
1/2 cup Rice
1 Can water

I took the diced chicken and browned it in a lg pot with about 1 tbs of Canola Oil. I added in the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until the was cooked through. Next I added the broth, water, tomatoes and carrots. I brought it to a boil the turned the heat on low and covered the pot. I let is simmer for about 1- 1/2 hour. Then I added the rice and covered it back up and cooked until the rice was done.

It was delicious! It fed our family of 4 with a couple people having seconds.

0 comments: