Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yummy Blackberry Muffins


I had some frozen fruit in my freezer and Monday I decided to see what I could make with it. While searching for Blackberry Muffins I came across this recipe and made a few adjustments. For the full recipe you can click the recipe link above.

* 1/2 cup butter, softened (instead of butter I used plain applesauce)
* 1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided (I only used 1cup sugar)
* 2 eggs
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup milk ( I was out of milk so I subbed with 1/2 cup Blueberry yogurt)
* 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries

Instead of using a muffin tin I used a 9 X 13 pan then cut them into 24 muffin bars.

They were very delicious! Everyone in the house loved them and I will confess they are already gone. Do you have a great healthy muffin recipe you would like to share? I am always looking for new recipes.

Check out more great recipes at the Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap!



1 comments:

SnoWhite said...

those look really tasty! I love blackberries!