Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dinner in a Flash: What's in the Cupboard Pasta


This dinner in a flash was from Thursdays nights dinner. I shop on Fridays and I hadn't planned a meal for Thursday. So I thought I would just throw something together with ingredients I had on hand and this pasta came out great and everyone loved it.

1lb Lean Ground Turkey
2 cups uncooked Ziti
1 8oz can Tomato Sauce
1 can died tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheese
garlic
oregano
crushed red pepper

I browned the meat, added in the tomatoes and sauce and about 1 1/2 cup water. I tossed in the uncooked pasta and covered the pan. Stirring occasionally. When the pasta was tender I added in the spices to our liking. Then sprinkled on the cup of cheese and blended it in. I served it with bread and corn on the side. This was quick and easy and everyone really loved it.

0 comments: