Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dinner in a Flash: Burritos


I had taken a picture of the ingredients before hand but managed to delete it.

Last week we had some yummy burritos. Here is what I used:

1 pkg Knorr Taco Rice
1 can Red Beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 pkg Butterball Turkey Kielbasa
1 can corn
1 can rotel
1 pkg soft shell tortillas

I chopped up the turkey kielbasa and started by browning it in the pan. Once the meat was browned I added in the ingredients to make the rice. I brought it to a boil, reduced the heat and covered. When the rice was fully cooked I added in the drained and rinsed beans, the drained corn and the rotel and cooked until heated through. We put the filling on warm tortillas and topped it with just a little ranch dressing.

This was really good and filling and it made way more for our 4 than we needed. The rotel made it a little spicy so changing the rotel to diced tomatoes would be a great option.

Hubby loved the spicy factor, the only thing he didn't like was the corn. He asked me to please omit it next time. The girls and I liked the corn, so it is just a matter of taste.

This meal was so fast and easy. You could also substitute the Turkey Kielbasa with ground beef, ground turkey, shredded chicken or go meatless!

For more Dinner in a Flash recipes: Check out Tuna Fettucine

0 comments: