Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Review: Purex 3 in 1 Laundry Sheets


I am sure most of you know that CVS is running an ECB deal on Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets this week. Well I headed to CVS on Sunday to get some of their deals and I purchased 3 off these since I had 3 of the $2 off coupons. I purchased Pure scent and Spring.

Yesterday I washed my first load with Pure, the sheet smelled fabulous! I read on the back to use 1 sheet for regular loads and 2 sheets for larger loads. I put in an average load (my machine is not super sized) and added in one 3 in 1 sheet. After they washed I dried them. The clothes came out looking clean but they did not have that fabulous smell of the 3 in 1 sheets. Actually they didn't have much of a smell at all.

So I did a second load with the other scent, this time I made the load even smaller. Same thing! They look clean but no great smell.

These things are quite expensive for only 20 loads per package! For the price I really want my clothes to look and smell good. It's not any kind of bargain if I have to use 2 sheets per load to get the clothes to smell like the sheets.

Normally I use store bought detergent and homemade fabric softener so my clothes don't have the super strong scent you get from store bought fabric softener. However the do have the nice clean scent of whatever store bought detergent I used.

Anyway, I had fully inteded to go back to CVS and get 2 more of the Purex 3 in 1 but after I used them I changed my mind. If I were able to get them for free I would get them again but I won't be spending money on them.

2 comments:

JessicaMichele said...

I feel the same way. After reading so many talk about it, I thought I'd give it a shot at cvs too. I, like you bought 3 (Spring and Tropical). I washed 3 loads, 2 of tropical and 1 of spring. No smell. Very disappointing. And again, like you, these were small loads. The first was only as twin beds fitted and flat sheet.

Amber said...

JessicaMichele, that is really a bummer. So glad I didn't buy more!