Thursday, June 18, 2009

Popcorn Peanuts Ice Cold Beer

This is the phrase I heard being declared over and over last Friday night! No it was not my hubby's grocery wishes, it was the gentleman making his way through the stadium at that ball game.

I am not what you would call a sports fan. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy watching my girls play softball but sports in general do not do it for me. I don't watch on t.v. and as for going to watch sports in person I have done very little. Over the years I have seen a high school game or two and even a college game but that is it for me.


So Friday we were invited by friends to go see a Miners game. I have to admit that we hadn't been once to see our local Minor League team play. The girls did go to a game on a field trip with school.

Hubby was very excited and although it was sports I was excited to get out of the house and to go hang out with friends. We got to the game and took seats on the lawn, I have to admit it was nice. I got out my camera to gets some great pics of the girls and they refused me! Uh are you kidding me?! I didn't push it since there were a lot of people around and the last thing I wanted to do was totally embarrass my 13 and 10 yr old.

The game was long, really really long! Like 3 hours and 39 minutes long, I almost thought I was going to have to sleep there. With the exception of the seriously lengthy game we did have a great time. There was great fellowship with friends, the corn dogs were killer and at the end of the night I got to witness a fabulous fireworks display. All in all our Friday night out was definitely a winner.

0 comments: