Sunday, June 21, 2009

Guest Post: A Tribute to Father's Day

This guest post is brought to you by Emeri my 13 year old daughter. She loves to read, write, sing and act. She also loves her Dad!

(from left to right: Jonah, Daddy and Emeri)

“I love you, cupcake!” you'll probably hear him yell as you step on the bus on the first day of 8th grade. He's the guy always cracking jokes, the guy who can make you laugh with his stupid faces, the guy that always hugs you when you least expect it, the guy who'll establish your money management plan, and the guy who's the 'cooliest person in the world', or so he says. He's our dad. Sure, they can sometimes treat you like you're still a kid when you're 25, but the truth is, they love us. Whether they work in an office or are a Mr. Mom, they are always supporting the family. They always ask about your day and want to know who you like this week. They care. They're the one's that cry the hardest at your graduation and smile the hardest at every single thing you accomplish. Okay, so everything might not be so peaches 'n' cream between a father and daughter, but you have to admit his cheesy jokes are pretty funny. One of my favorite things about my dad is when he tries to rap. Now, this is no ordinary rap. He usually raps about my sister or me. Today he shared a little rap with me. It went a little something like this:

Dad, Dad, he's so rad,

He keeps up with the latest fads.....

My dad can be such a dork, but that's what I love about him. So on Father's Day, go up to your dad and give him a big hug and kiss. Trust me. He'll treasure those kinds of moments most. Happy Father's Day, Dad!

0 comments: