Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cooking with Emeri: Spicy Chicken Tacos

Emeri cooked on Thursday this week. She made Spicy Chicken Tacos.

Not sure if you see the trend here but my kids love chicken! :)

We made a few changes but you can check out the original recipe here.

You will need:
Salsa
salt
canola oil
Chicken breast
sour cream
green pepper
onion
cilantro (we used dried)
tomato
tortillas
cheese (we used mexican shredded, I had no idea what the other stuff was)


Emeri took the 2 Chicken breasts and chopped them up into small pieces with shears.


She added 1tsp canola to the pan then the chicken and then let it cook.


She began chopping up the vegetables. The tomato onions and pepper.


When the chicken was cooked through she removed from the pan and set it aside in a bowl. She added the other tsp of canola to the pan and the put all the veggies in. We chose to add the tomatoes now rather than not cook them.


After a few minutes she added minced garlic, 1/2 cup salsa and 2 tsp dried cilantro. I thought I had cumin but I didn't.
She added the chicken back in and let it cook for a few minutes.


We used flour tortillas instead of corn.
We filled the warm tortillas with the chicken and veggie mixture and topped with cheese and sour cream. This made 3 tacos for hubby and 2 each for me and the girls.


The tacos were delicious! Everyone loved them although Jonah had to pick out the green peppers. It was really quick and easy to make, I didn't have to help Em with anything. I basically just photographed! :)

Yet another recipe added to the collection!

0 comments: