Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cooking with Jonah: Chicken Pesto Pizza

I am just a little behind this week. Jonah did cook Monday night and I forgot to post that night. So I had planed to post Tuesday night and by Tuesday evening I really didn't feel so well. Yesterday I spent the majority of my say in bed and/or sleeping. Today I feel much better and I am trying to get things caught up.

Jonah made a Chicken Pesto Pizza as well as a Chicken and Tomato pizza. A few changes were made to suit our tastes.

Here is what we used for the 2 pizza's. For the original recipe you can go here.

2 12" pizza crusts
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
can of Hunt's garlic tomato sauce
Classico Pesto with Basil
1 bag shredded Mozzarella
fresh on the vine Tomatoes
Marinated Artichoke Hearts




Jonah started cuttin up the chicken breasts with a pair of shear we use in the kitchen. Afterward she put 2T of Extra Virgin Olive in the pan can cooked the chicken until done.


Meanwhile she added about 1/2 c Pesto to one of the pizza crusts.


Then she added about 1/2 the can of Tomato sauce to the other pizza crust.


Next she drained the artichokes and placed the around the pesto pizza.


The she sliced up 2 small tomatoes and placed them on the other pizza.


After the chicken was cooked through she divided it between the two pizzas.


Finally she put 1 1/2 cup mozzarella on each pizza. I helped her place them in the oven, and put them directly on the rack. They cooked on 45o for about 12 minutes.
Here I was worried about her getting burned and I managed to burn my arm! :)


So how were they?
Well none of us had ever tasted artichokes before so I was a little nervous. Everyone agreed the Pesto Pizza was the best. The Chicken and tomato pizza was good but it didn't even compare to the Chicken and Pesto. We will definitely make this pizza again. Next time I think we will try homemade dough instead.

1 comments:

Claudia's Irish Eyes said...

Thanks for posting this, it looks great !
Claudia
claudiafranson.blogspot.com