Monday, April 20, 2009

Cooking with Jonah: BBQ Pork Sandwiches

Things did not turn out as planned this week. Originally Jonah had chosen Crockpot BBQ Pork Sandwiches and homemade fries.

So I had my alarm set for 6 so Jonah could get the pork tenderloin and the bbq sauce in the crockpot, except I actually set if for 6pm so it didn't go off. Hubby woke me up at 6:45 with only 15 minutes until the girls walk out for the bus. Needless to say we forgot the pork.

After she left I remembered and figured I better get it in or we wouldn't have dinner tonight. So no pictures of the process of dumping a 1lb Pork tenderloin in the crockpot.

Here is what we used. There are 4 in our family.
1lb Pork Tenderloin
1/2 bottle of Honey BBQ Sauce

You can get the original recipe here. I cooked on low for 6hrs but mine was not falling apart. So I put it on high for 2 more hours.

Jonah came home and was very upset with me that I cooked it without her. (not good) Anyway, she made some frozen corn and a Knorr's Pasta side to go with the sandwiches.

1lb Tenderloin made 7 sandwiches and as you can see they are not piled high. We are really working on portion control right now. Hubby and the kids had 2 sanwiches each and I had 1. If you have a bigger family or want leftover you will need a bigger tenderloin.


The meal was great, everyone loved it. It was a nice change as we don't buy pork very often.
When I bought the meat I actually bought a 2 lb tenderloin and the other pound is in the freezer for a day when I don't have time to cook in the evening. This meal was super easy!

0 comments: