Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Most Memorable Valentines Day

Blog Pictures | acobox.com

I have had a lot of Valentines in my life. Saturday will actually be my 34th. I have had many wonderful V-days. I have a hubby who is pretty romantic and knows me well.

First of all I am the kind of girl who can't stand spending lots of dough on flowers. Not that I don't like flowers, it's just that they are so darn expensive. So my hubby learned very early on that if he really wanted to get me flowers he makes it simple. One flower in a pretty vase with greenery and maybe some Baby's Breathe and that is more than enough.

I could go back through the last 15yrs of our marriage and name many Valentines days that were really special but for now I will tell you about my favorite one that didn't cost hardly any money.

Hubby and I were married on February 4th of 1994 so V-day was only 10 days away. Also this was our very 1st Valentines day together. That's right! We had a love at first sight relationship and were married 7 months and 1 day after we met! So 2/14/94 was our first and the most memorable for me.

I was working at WalMart at the time and come to think of it, so was he. We were young and in love. (I thinks we are still pretty young :) and for sure in Love) I had to work that day and he was home in our tiny 1 bedroom apartment. So after a super long day standing at a cash register I came home to a candlelit living room. There was a blanket on the floor and a picnic. He cooked pasta for me with some chicken and it was so yummy. After dinner we had ice cream sundaes that he put in these beautiful wine glasses someone had bought for our wedding shower. It was a wonderful night and the thought and effort was worth so much more than flowers or gifts. It was a memory I will never forget.

You can make your loved ones day so special just by doing some kind of act of service that would really mean a lot to him or her. Those type of gifts may have no monetary value but their actual value is worth so much more!

0 comments: