Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Monkey Munch Recipe

I just came across this great Monkey Munch recipe. I remember seeing this episode on Jon and Kate Plus 8 (love the show but we no longer have lifetime) and I just never got around to making it. This particular recipe is from Tipnut.com

Monkey Munch

9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Stove Method Directions:

  • Measure cereal into a large bowl & set aside.
  • Heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and the butter over low heat until melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
  • Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the cereal and stir until evenly coated.
  • Pour the mix into a 2 gallon ziploc bag and add powdered sugar, seal bag.
  • Shake bag until everything’s well coated then spread the mix on waxed paper to cool.
  • Refrigerate in an airtight container.

Microwave Method Directions:

  • Place the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a microwaveable bowl and melt uncovered on High for 1 minute. Stir.
  • Microwave for another 30 seconds or until mixture is stirred smooth.
  • Stir in the vanilla.
  • Follow the rest of the directions as above in the Stove Method.

I was just wondering have any of you made this recipe? Did you kids love it?
I am thinking of trying it for my daughters, the thought is to send it with lunches as a treat but not sure if it will last that long. :)
I am planning to get the ingredients when I grocery shop any thoughts are appreciated

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We LOVE IT! It doesn't stay around long at our house! I had a neighbor who used to make enough at one time to fill a whole trash can!