Friday, January 23, 2009

Fat Burning Friday 1/23


This week turned out to be a pretty good week, although I am still struggling with my weakness for Dr. Pepper. My wonderful hubby ordered me a Reebok Precision XT Heart Monitor to use during workouts on the treadmill. The heart monitor on my treadmill is far from accurate.
Because I have a heart condition I have to keep track of my heart rate when exercising. My cardiologists recommends that I keep my heart rate at or below 140. That can make my workout very difficult. When I was more fit, thinner and walking the treadmill like 4-5 times a week an hour at a time he allowed me to push myself between 140 and 150 as long as I was having no dizziness of shortness of breath. Since at this time I am way out of shape I am sticking to the 140 and monitoring myself closely.

I got on the treadmill 3 times this week. I walked 35 minutes, a couple minutes for the warm up and cool down and then 30 minutes for the walk. I stayed between 2.5 mph and 2.9mph. If my heart rate got below 140 I would kick it up a little faster and if it got above 140 I would drop it down a little. What my Dr. has told me is to walk farther not faster so I will be working on building my time up each week.

The good news is....I lost 2 1/2 lbs this week!! For a total of 4lbs so far.

My goals for next week
  • still work on water
  • still work on Dr. Pepper
  • Walk at least 3 days (try to go for 40 minutes)


Fat Burning Pounds Lost Since Jan. 5, 09 - 4
Fat Burning Pounds to Go - 74

If you would like to join in on Fat Burning Friday then head on over to Mommy Snacks!

5 comments:

Sally said...

Good job on the weight loss. Mixing some of the crystal light packets into your water helps to get more water in.

Amber said...

Thanks for the suggestion of the flavored water, although I can't drink anything with Aspartame in it. I was seriously addicted a little over 4 yrs ago and it was not a fun ordeal getting off Aspartame.

I do drink a lot of unsweet tea but I just need to work on some more plain water. :)

Delores said...

Great job on your weight loss! Have you ever tried Stevia sweetener? It is all natural and you can get it in packets now. It's dried leaves from a plant (crushed). I think you can find Truvia in stores now. You could do that with some fresh lemon juice.

Amber said...

I have tried Stevia and really like it. I used to buy it for my iced tea until I got myself used to drinking it unsweet. I hadn't thought about using it to make my own flavored water. thanks for the idea

MarciaBrady said...

Way to go on your 2 1/2 pounds! I'll give you a WHOOO HOOO!

I like that you put your goals on here. I need to do that too!

That was very nice of the hubs to buy you that heart monitor. I have thought about getting one. The last time I started working out, I got a little bit dizzy at first. I think I was pushing myself too hard!

I don't do aspartame either. I've heard it actually turns into formaldehyde when heated!!!! I don't know if that's true, but it's enough to make me not ingest it!

Good luck on your continued journey and thanks for stopping by today! You're welcome anytime, of course!!