Sunday, August 31, 2008

Getting that George Foreman Clean


Well I must confess I didn't clean my kitchen last night and we were gone all day. We left for church at 9:30 and then went straight after to a birthday party in Paducah, Ky. We didn't get home until almost 7pm and I knew I had to get my kitchen done.

So I washed the dishes and swept and mopped the floor and cleaned up the counter tops. All that was left was the George Foreman grill. We have the kind that is a grill on one side and like a flat skillet on the other for like making eggs or bacon. I do love to cook with it but the cleaning is never fun.

I never clean it until it cools and maybe that is my problem?! We even have the special George Foreman sponges that are have grooves to match the grill. But it seems like every time I am sudsing it up with dish soap and warm water and letting it sit and then getting part of it scrubbed off and putting some more suds on.

So today I had an idea....I sprinkled baking soda on it and wet the sponge with warm water and would you know it cleaned like a breeze. I really could not believe how easy it came off. This just makes me love baking soda even more.

0 comments: